Tuesday, October 21, 2008

At The End of the Day


I'm laying here writing this as Bridger is sleeping next to me in bed!  I know, I know- I should probably be sleeping as well right?  Unfortunately the night owl in me has kicked in, and working out late at night hasn't helped the situation at all.  Just this past Saturday we passed our 2 month mark of being married- yet it's hard to remember being without Bridger.  We moved down to Provo from Boise right after our honeymoon to Puerto Vallarta (the trip was pure bliss by the way! pictures below).  We debated over the summer whether to stay in Boise or come back down to Utah- but we knew it would be good to break off by ourselves, away from our families, and start our life together in a new place for the time being!   Honestly the decision was so hard for me.  Eagle is where my heart is, and I come to realize more and more how much of a homebody I am.  But I can't complain about where we are.  Looking at the beautiful, BEAUTIFUL mountains everyday is pretty easy to get used to! :) 

Life has definitely gotten crazy though.  It never seems to slow down- but from what I hear it never does so I'm just focusing on loving the journey!  Bridger and I are both at school and working- and at times it's hard to make time for the play time too!  This weekend, knowing I'd have a killer week of tests, papers, presentations and what not, we made sure to make the most of our couple days off work and school!  We had so much fun!!! Our weekend started out going horseback riding with Austin Hyde and his date.  We went to Austin's grandparents ranch for the afternoon, taking turns on the horses and hitting golf balls.  (Bridger wasn't too impressed with my swing but I warned him!) Afterwards we went to Sonic and I got my favorite thing in the world- a cherry limeade.  Yum yum.  We planned on going home, taking a quick half hour nap and then heading to the library for a few hours of studying.  Well, three hours later when we woke up at 7 and it was dark outside- we decided studying was overrated anyway!  We hung out with Daniel and Sarah- made some crumb cake and hot chocolate, and played card games til 1:30 in the morning.  It was so so much fun.  We love having them live so close.  


After I worked on Saturday, Bridger and I went and signed up for gym passes.  We decided we needed to kick our tushes in gear!  We went to Costa Vida before hitting the books at the library for a few hours, and afterwards I went straight home and put one of Bridger's big comfy sweatshirts on- I was so cold!  With invites to go bowling and what not, we decided we were having a night to ourselves and spent the night playing Jenga and Tri-ominos.  Nerds?  Maybe.  But it was so much fun just spending the night with the two of us.  

Sunday after church we played some more Tri-ominos ( and yes, I beat Bridger at a game finally!) and then once again- took a 3 hour nap!  Talk about lazy- but nothing is better than a Sunday afternoon nap.  Daniel and Sarah came over later for dinner, Kinz stopped by for some dessert, and we played Phase 10...all ten rounds.  It was the perfect end to such a fun and quick weekend.

Now the week has started and I'm looking ahead at the week of doom!  Mid-terms. But as I'm writing here watching Bridger sleep, all is right in the world.  All is as it should be- and I wouldn't change a thing.  At the end of the day- the long and busy day- I have Bridger- my best friend and husband.  And I cant help but smile!

Lights out.

No comments: