Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Vacation Part 1: Booras Family


When I think about starting to blog about our vacation, it makes me tired just thinking about it. But I gotta start somewhere, so I guess I'll split the trip up into sections. After our End of Semester BBQ with the UCDH girls, Bridger and I left (way too late, by the way) to go to Eagle for our summer vacation. I know, I know- by August 12th most summer vacations are ending, but ours were just beginning! Bridger needed to shadow someone in Boise Friday morning so we really didn't have any other option unless we wanted to leave at 3:30 in the morning, and that definitely didn't sound appealing. Needless to say we didn't get into Boise until 2 a.m.

After Bridger shadowed, we met up with Bridger's siblings and mom for some Wingers and spent the late afternoon out by the pool. We spent the night at Lindsy's eating pizza and playing games. It was good just to be able to hang out with them and spend time with the kiddos. Ava (4) and Cash (2 1/2) sure loved beating up and playing with Bridger. Bridge is so energetic so he can hang with them pretty well! Cash is honestly the toughest kid I have EVER met. If you're gonna play with him, you gotta be prepared for some battle wounds. He's a solid kid and can take you out so fast! Even though Ava is older, I think she's figured out that the only way to come out alive is to run away from him, because she has no chance! Saturday morning I lost my camera so the majority of the weekend has no pictures.

Saturday afternoon was Pete and Marianne's wedding reception. They were married in June on a big hill overlooking the ocean in Greece. Talk about romantic, right? Marianne looked like a Greek goddess! They said that they were married overlooking the ocean and there were hotels/buildings lining the coast on these cliffs all around, and there was a marble road that went through town that curved down around this hill they were on (I hope I'm getting the details right). Apparently Greek people LOVE weddings, so after Pete and Marianne said "I Do" and Pete kissed his bride, cheers came from all around on the street and on the balconies of the hotels/buildings. They didn't even know they were being watched until they heard the cheers and applause surrounding them. What a way to get married! Bridger and I are so happy for them- they have the best time together and really complement each other well. Marianne's the greatest and already felt like a second mother-in-law- now it's just official!

Sunday we headed up to Pete and Marianne's cabin in Cascade. It was so fun and I'm sad I don't have any pictures to show for it. Lexie took some so hopefully I'll be able to get copies soon. We played on the beach for several hours. It was Ava and Cash's first time on a beach, so I taught Ava how to build her first sand castle using paper cups and a tupperware. Cash didn't need to be taught how to destroy her castle, that's for sure. What a boy he is. We played badminton, threw the football, played in the water, watched a parasailer, and rode around in the kayak. That night we had the best dinner and watched some movies. Everyone was too tired from the hot sun that day to play any games.

Monday morning we left so the family could all go golfing together. I love going to the driving range, but actually going golfing is a different story- so I watched Ava and Cash. We had a blast playing with my old dollhouse, polly pockets, dinosaurs, jumping on the tramp, swinging on the swingset, painting toenails, etc. I think I definitely got the better end of the deal :) That night everyone came over to swim and have a BBQ. I think the highlight of the night was watching Lynn and Marianne go down the slide on their stomachs! It was hilarious. Later that night while taking Lynn home, we stopped at Sonic to get some drinks and found out that because Lynn goes there at least once a day for a diet coke, she orders a "Lynn Marie". Don't you know what a Lynn Marie is? A Route 44 diet coke, ice to the top, extra lime- come on! Well they sure know what it is there- it's hilarious. She's friends with all the workers!



I always have the best time with Bridger's family and count my blessings because honestly- I struck gold with in-laws. Couldn't have asked for better people to become family!

No comments: