It's crazy how many emotions a girl can go through in 24 hours..
I mean let's get real- last night I was an anxious mess thinking about what the new semester would bring. I was on the brink of tears all night, and the tears came flowin' when I watched a sad ending to a movie. There was no stopping them!
I went from waking up at about 9 or 10 for about 3 weeks to waking up at 5:30 this morning, went and cleaned the school before it started, and saw the familiar and happy faces of the girls I had missed so much while on break. It has happened after every break from hygiene school, but my anxiety was soon replaced with the knowledge that it has all worked out in the past and I have some pretty great people to help each other along the way. We are now seniors (YAY!) and as I saw the incoming class filter through the halls I couldn't help but be proud of how far I've come. When I was in their same position a year ago, I knew NOTHING about dental hygiene. Sure- brush your teeth twice a day and floss- what else is there to know? Holy moly- little did I know all I would learn. A year ago I hardly knew what a periodontal probe was, I couldn't identify the correct end of an instrument, and- oh yeah- remember when I almost fainted the first time we inserted a probe beneath the gum tissue? That was crazy. I really have come SO FAR and needed to acknowledge that today.
After an overly long nap (you know the kind where you wake up hot, groggy, disoriented and more tired than before?) when I returned from school, we got together with some friends in our apartment complex and ward for some family night s'mores. Four hours later Bridger and I trounced back to our apartment cold and wet but with the biggest smiles. We've met some really great and fun people while living here, many of which have become good friends and who I know I will really, really miss once we move away!
As I looked over at Bridger sleeping (thank you overly long nap for keeping me up at this hour), I realized that I feel completely different from even 24 hours ago. I feel so happy, blessed, and just completely content- I've got it pretty good!
No comments:
Post a Comment