Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dallan's Mission


My little brother Dallan left about a week and a half ago on his mission to Tucson Arizona.


Yes it has taken me this long to blog about it, because honestly every time I sat down for longer than 2 seconds to think about him being gone I would just start tearing up. So how's a girl supposed to get through writing about it?

I'm so proud of him. He had a rough couple of days at first in the MTC, but through a lot of prayer (both on his part and from countless family members and friends) he has made it through the first week and has learned how to control some of the anxiety that creeps in. He will be such a good missionary because of his ability to relate to other people and make instant friends. People will see his smilin' eyes and just want to be near him!

As for me, I miss those smilin' eyes already...
Better stop now before I start tearing up again!




4 comments:

The Barney Family said...

Man that made me tear up!! Granted I'm pregnant and I seem to cry at almost anything, but that was a great post and Dallan will be such a good missionary. Tell him everyone struggles with the first couple days at the MTC so he's not alone:)

Tori Price said...

Hey I just dropped my little brother off at the MTC this last wednesday! He's going to Houston TX. I'll have to tell him to look for your brother!

Bridger and Jordan Booras said...

Thanks Caitlin! He's doing so much better- can't wait to get his 2nd email tomorrow!

And Tori- that's awesome! Ya tell him to look for him- he only has one more week in the MTC before he leaves. Sad watching them go, but so happy at the same time, as I"m sure you understand!

The Barney Family said...

Tori that's where I served:)