Hello again. It's been forever! Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. I figured there is no better time than when I'm Mrs. Snuffles over here. If I'm not out and about doing anything, might as well cozy up with my blanket and box of kleenex and update the blog with our latest events!
For Thanksgiving, Bridger and I went to California to spend the holiday with my family in Newport Beach. It was as delightful as it sounds! We walked the boardwalk, picking our favorite beach houses and just enjoying the warm weather. My dad found this app on his phone where he could look up properties for sale. Turns out there was this property (no house on it, mind you) on the market for $26 million!!! That much money WITH NO HOUSE! There is plenty of money going on there, which was made even more evident as we drove around along the coast and also as we rented a boat and cruised along the harbor. We each chose what house we would want, and what yacht would accompany our chosen house. It was tough! While on the boat ride someone decided to throw a piece of turkey sandwich out of the boat for a bird, resulting in birds basically dive bombing our boat for more food. It was hilarious, and a little scary for myself! The birds were a little too eager for my liking!
My mom said that for Thanksgiving we would just "stick to the basics" since we weren't at home in her own kitchen. But if you know my mom, you also know that she just can't contain herself sometimes. We had a yummy traditional Thanksgiving feast complete with all the essentials! Other days were spent playing on the beach, and in the girls case, watching the boys play in the water. Brr! We were able to spend one night at my cousin Jessica and Chad's. It was so good to see them and my aunt Kathy! I hadn't seen there family since they moved to California.
Thanksgiving dinner at the condo
This looks like the life to me!
Fun on the beach
View from the condo
I could get used to that view...
Newport Beach Temple
Fun in the water for the boys!
The girls were smart to stay warm :)
I don't know how I failed to mention it until now, but we started the trip with a day at Disneyland! It was Bridger's first time there, and despite only going for one day, we managed to fit in A LOT during that time! We hit all the favorites like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, and added in some fun new ones like Finding Nemo and Winnie the Pooh for my mom :) Bridger's only regret was that he didn't get to see Jasmine or Belle... Poor guy- maybe next time! It was fun to see my uncle and aunt and their cute kids there that night... We seem to find family everywhere we go. It's so fun! The night ended with the most beautiful display of fireworks I have ever seen!
Welcome to Disneyland!
Sword and the Stone
My dad with Olivia and Natalie
Bridger and I are so grateful to my parents for providing such a special week with our family. We sure missed Dallan, but look forward to our first phone call with him for Christmas!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment