Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Where to start?

Where does time go?  Now that it is June I realize we have lived in Boise for over 6 months!  Random thoughts from the last several months:

  • We feel pretty big time now that we have upgraded from our 1 bedroom/1bathroom apartment. Okay not really big time- but 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms PLUS a washer and dryer?  Yes please! I know it's no house or anything, but after 3 1/2 years of living in just over 500 square feet, we are feeling pretty dang good about it.  And Bridger loves the fact that I do the laundry now that we don't have to haul everything to a laundry mat.  Now we can save our quarters for something more exciting, right? Like snow cones this summer :) 
  • Remember when I promised myself that when I graduated from college I would get some hobbies? That was a joke.  I had the best of intentions.  Bridger and I are both working full time and have started going to bed around 10:00- this is a whole new world for me people!
  • Our life here in Boise has consisted of Bridger working all the time, me working a lot, and spending most nights over at my parents.  It feels good to be working and contributing to our family- even if it's all going towards paying off our student loans... yikes!
  • Bridger and I are now teaching in the Primary- but not together.  I teach the 7 year olds turning 8 this year, and Bridger teaches the 10 year olds turning 11.  We both really enjoy it, but Bridger's class is quite the handful!  He has 12 kids, so compared to my 6 kids I've got it easy!  They are definitely rowdy and wiggly and hyper- but at least I don't have kids who try to fart the whole time like Bridger does. 
  • We also were asked to speak in church the week after Easter.  I hadn't given a talk in church since.... high school?  How I ever managed to dodge that bullet I'll never know.  It was the first time Bridger had ever seen me speak. 
  • I've had some of the sweetest, most fun patients at work.  I've also had some grumpy ones.  But I haven't cried yet- so I'll put that in the win column!
  • I may or may not have watched 8 seasons of Grey's Anatomy since moving to Boise.  Is it bad that I start to feel like I know these people after awhile?  Bridger would be horrified if he knew I wrote that.  He just about died when I told him. 

And that's that.  We have really enjoyed being back.  Our social life has kindof tanked.  Bridger works til about 9:00 every night- what's a girl to do?  I really feel like we are in the right place at the right time- for many reasons.  I know that we were meant to be here around my family right now, Bridger's job has been such a blessing, and mine has been as well.  I know it isn't full time dental hygiene, but between hygiene and front office, I have learned so much more than I probably would have elsewhere. I love the people I work with, and it is a good fit for me.  

We are so blessed!  

2 comments:

Courtney Schramm said...

loved reading this!!

The Barney Family said...

What do you mean you haven't found hobbies! Making best friends with Grey's Anatomy..def a hobby :)