Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sinking in

In three short months we are expecting the addition of our sweet baby boy into our family.  When I look back and realize I haven't written anything about this pregnancy, I feel this sense of guilt.  Will I remember the details about this pregnancy?  And then I realize that while I may not be able to give a full account of my first pregnancy experience, I will remember the important things.  I'm not the girl who posts weekly pictures (or even takes them for that matter) of my growing belly.  I don't have a week-to-week list of my likes, dislikes, or symptoms. And I'm perfectly okay with that- it's just not me!

What I do know about this pregnancy is that I've been a lucky gal.  I haven't had the intense morning sickness people talk about or any food aversions. Sure, I haven't always felt my best.  There have been times when I have felt just plain crummy, but I have been so fortunate!  My nausea lasted all of two weeks (around the 5 and 6 week mark), I have had the occasional heartburn, and I can't deny the fatigue of the first trimester.  But all in all, I am grateful that I have felt as good as I have and that I haven't been hunched over the toilet.   This week I hit the 3rd trimester- and I won't lie, I all of the sudden felt very pregnant.  I had the first person ask me when I was due yesterday.  I told Bridger I should've pulled the "I'm not pregnant" card just because- how mean would that be!  My back has also been really hurting this week- I'm hoping this isn't here to stay for the rest of the pregnancy.

We are so excited to meet this little guy.  I'm so curious to learn about his little personality and see what he looks like.  It took me a long time to feel like there was an actual baby in there.  MY BABY.  It felt so surreal at first, and I won't lie it still doesn't feel real at times.  But now that he is giving constant kicks and punches, I think it is beginning to sink in.  

Between having a baby and building our first house, we have a lot going on!  We close on April 1st, my last day of work is April 3rd, and my due date is April 11th.  Let's hope this babe doesn't try to make an early appearance!  Because of a fortune cookie my mom got, she is convinced he is coming April 3rd.  She says I better be okay with going into labor at work :)  Let's hope that isn't the case!  

We are in store for an eventful 2013!


2 comments:

Roseanne said...

Congrats! That's so awesome! You are good at keeping a secret!

crawford said...

I'm so excited for you!!