HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAR FRIEND ZAUNDRA!
Oh where to even start?
Note: These pictures are in no particular order and don't even remotely correspond with what is written around them.

Zaundra and I met each other in 6th grade through our mutual friend Aubrey. Nothing really came out of our first meeting for awhile- except for the fact that she wore a baby blue shirt and candy necklace and I thought she was SO cute!
We started our friendship in 7th grade when we had some classes together- I wish I had the picture on my computer of us as little 7th graders. We were dang cute.
During the first part of high school we kinda went separate ways in different groups of friends, but were once again brought back together in our Junior year in Mrs. Ward's chemistry class. And this is where we became inseparable! I think we could've gotten away with murder in that class- Mrs. Ward just loved us. Seriously.

Senior year was even better. I seriously have so many memories with this girl! Countless nights were spent even just hanging out in my room sharing new music we had discovered and talking the night away. I don't even know how many times we stayed up til 4 a.m. when Z had to wake up at 6:30 for dance and my dad would wake me up around 7:30 for yard work or what not. I definitely can't do that anymore! Man were we resilient girls!

We took AP Statistics together senior year. That class was pretty much a coloring session. We brought full sets of markers with every color imaginable and colored the most elaborate pictures for each other (sounds so silly) about things that had happened recently, or things we wished so badly would happen. I still have those pictures- but rather than scan them in my computer to share with the world, I think I'll keep some pride. Some of those are rather embarrassing! But so great at the same time.
Senior year Z came to Hawaii with my family for spring break. Can you say magical? Because it truly was. Well, after the sun burns had worn off that is. She got there about a day and a half later than we did, so by the time she got there I had been thoroughly burned- like seriously burned. Zaundra (also known as girl who never sun burns) really wanted some more sun after I went inside so she continued to bake under the rays- And bake she did. We were both MISERABLE! Ouch. But once we recovered from those bad boys the trip was really fabulous. We enjoyed macadamian nut milk shakes and delightful breakfasts. We swam in the ocean with a sea turtle (although we didn't know it at first, and when we saw a giant dark thing swim under us we FREAKED- we must have looked like fools to every one on the beach. Especially because after we realized what it was we tried to swim after it- HA! ) We went on a snorkeling excursion and felt pure bliss as we enjoyed the day on the boat. We promised ourselves we would come back one day and live on a sail boat- so much for that. We got pulled up on stage to hula dance at a luau, danced ourselves silly in our hotel room and seriously just had the greatest time. Man- after writing all of that, can we go back please?
Zaundra and I, along with a few other friends, were involved in the best prank of the century. I'd write about it- but then I would die. I'll just say it was BRILLIANT, and HILARIOUS, and seriously legit.
Zaundra was baptized our senior year of high school and ventured off to New York City for her freshman year of college in pursuit of a dance career. This girl is one brave cookie. She did things I could NEVER do. She's definitely a girl who isn't afraid to follow her heart- and if she is afraid she just does it anyway.


Songs that remind me of Zaundra:
I Believe In A Thing Called Love (Hawaii dance parties)- The Darkness
Crazy- Gnarles Barkley. She had my dad rolling with laughter at her dance to this song
Elephant Medley- Moulin Rouge
Fidelity- Regina Spektor
Devil in Jersey- Coheed and Cambria
Anything Missy Higgins
This girl has got a lot of heart and passion. She knows what she wants and fights to get it- which is something I've always admired about her. She has the ability to be friends with ANYONE, even if she tells you she doesn't. She is lying- she does. People are drawn to her. Sad to say, we have let life get in the way of ever seeing each other even though we live in the same town. Pathetic- truly pathetic, and I'm willing to take most of the blame. I love this girl- end of story.
Happy Birthday my little skittle!
1 comment:
happy birthday zaundra! jordan you are so sweet! this made me tear up! you two are so cute and such amazing friends! and soooo beautiful! i love this last picture! we need to all get together soon! loves! britt
Post a Comment