Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Here comes the ride of a lifetime....

Yesterday I started dental hygiene school. Talk about crazy. I woke up feeling pretty nervous- dental hygiene is such a new thing and is so unfamiliar to me! As I was getting ready, I ripped off the previous day's "calendar page" to see what that day's message would be, hoping it would be something significant for what I was feeling about my new situation- this is what I found:

"The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next."
-Mignon McLaughlin


photo found here

How perfect was that? Because courage is what this whole experience is going to take. I've started on quite the ride. It's going to be intense, crazy, strenuous and draining. But I do hope and have heard that it will also be fun, rewarding, exciting and character-building. Yesterday was orientation- It wasn't as bad as I thought- just really boring and well....boring. Today we started classes and got our books and our lockers. Nothing too crazy or stressful. I had Embryology/Histology, Radiology, and Pre-clinic Theory. We got out early both days. Tomorrow we only have our Spanish class because our clinic class doesn't start until next week. I'd say that's a pretty sweet deal! But, truth-be-told it is kinda luring me into a false sense of security. It's promised to get rough coming up, so I guess I'll take this time where it's not so hectic and be grateful! It's going to be a CRAZY ride folks!



1 comment:

Jessica D. said...

Jordo...I just love you!!! You are seriously one of my best friends and I cannot thank you enough for your example to me. Thanks for this...honestly that is all I want for a birthday. You are amazing and I honest look up to you and am so grateful for your friendship. I know that we will all stay close and I'm so happy for that. I love you!!! You're the best!!!

jess