I feel like I'm at a point in my life where I am SO conflicted.
School has pretty much taken over my life- and whenever I'm not doing something school-related I'm thinking about school or just don't want to do anything! I've been given such a good opportunity to attend the school where I am- the faculty really does care about our learning and our success and I've learned so much. That being said- it's EXHAUSTING!
I have no hobbies right now or anything I do for personal fulfillment. For a while I came to grips with it. I dedicated myself to school and told myself that I would just give up the idea of having hobbies until December. It's only 10 more months, and it's so demanding that it requires more of my time than I'm already giving. But then I just can't fight the feelings that I don't feel very fulfilled, because I'm not doing anything that makes me REALLY happy. And why should school suck all the fun out of life anyway? I'm conflicted- 100% dedicate myself to school because it's kinda make it or break it, or find something that makes life more enjoyable along the way?
Does anyone have any fun hobbies that aren't so time-consuming (or money-consuming for that matter)?! I could use some ideas!
One thing dental hygiene has done for me is help me get out of my comfort zone. Every week I'm forced outside of my comfort zone. They give us a task that seems near impossible to achieve, and we think to ourselves "Well that's impossible- but here it goes!" And then it all ends up working out, semester after semester. It's honestly amazing how it all works out! Then they tell us to give each other shots without practicing on manicans or anything beforehand (you can't really count a grapefruit as good practice- you just can't!). We just go for it, and I sometimes just sit back and think to myself "How am I allowed to do this?" I've grown so much. Those who know me know that I can be super timid in new situations. I've always been afraid of the unknown. Fortunately I've learned that you're put in tough situations, you push yourself, and you make it out alive! I think this will really help me in the semi-recent future as Bridger and I venture out to who knows where for his future career. I'm getting good at just going with the flow and taking on new challenges- because it's worked out so far!
People weren't joking when they said hygiene school will be the hardest thing I've ever done... and that's the truth!
2 comments:
Jordan you are so cute. seriously. hang in there! I think so much of you and time passes no matter what we are doing with it- so just do your best. you are beautiful and amazing! I feel the same way with working and going to school right now with hobbies...i think i'm going to pick up the guitar so you should too. your getting better at something and escaping from the day's usual contemplations. you are amazing!!
Jordan I loved reading this because it describes exactly how I feel too! I was wondering if something was wrong with me because I was not LOVING hygiene school. I totally feel you with the not feeling fulfilled. Don't know if this is your style, but I've been cooking/baking lately. It seems impossible sometimes on top of everything else we have to do, but you have to feed you and your hubby anyway, right? It's kind of fun to make that fun. Something that we already have to do anyway. Good luck!
Post a Comment