Monday, March 21, 2011

just because...

Random thoughts:

· I am chronically tired. Tired ALL. THE. TIME. I could sleep in until 10 EASY, and then maybe take a nap by mid-afternoon.

· I’m NOT a morning person, but I wish so badly that I was! Once I am awake I LOVE the mornings- especially in the summer- but I just love my bed more at the time.

· I hate washing my hair just as much as I love sleeping. Or I guess I should just say the whole process after I wash my hair. Takes forever.

· I’m in trouble when we have our own kids. Kids do NOT like to sleep in. Sometimes I just think to myself, “If you only knew that later on in life you’d wish you had slept in more while you could, and you would’ve taken all your naps”. But they just don’t understand.

· The reason I say this is because Bridger and I have been watching Brooklyn, Ellie and Sofie this weekend. Thursday-Monday. Not much sleep.

· Are we seeing a theme here?

· Bridger spoke in Stake Conference on Sunday. Memo: Do not take children to Stake Conference by yourself. Three kids and one adult = no control. They were actually pretty dang good, but our stake hardly has any kids, so even when they are whispering it is almost like a yelling whisper. It wouldn’t stand out so much if there were more kids around! We snuck out right after Bridger’s talk, so really we only lasted an hour or so.

· Bridger said some really nice things about me in Stake Conference. But not in a gushy way- he knows I hate that- but he’s really just sweet. Sweet sweet sweet.

· I can’t believe Bridger can speak in front of such a large crowd with such ease- I would probably faint or something. Okay probably not, but I’d probably have such shaky legs and a shaky bum that the people on the stand would probably have a good laugh. I know that would happen. Bridger did a really, really great job and received countless compliments. What a hunk.

· Dental hygiene just might kill me. So much to do. So much stress. So much stuff to remember for boards. So many patients to find. No wonder my skin is freaking out on me.

· I had my first completely Spanish patient the other day. It was comical to say the least! I called her name, started walking her back, and asked if she spoke English. When I saw her eyes get big and shake her head, I knew we were in for a treat. Good thing for my Spanish-In-A-Pinch. Good thing I remember SO MUCH of what I learned in that class. You catching my sarcasm yet? Actually I don’t know what I would’ve done without that Spanish-in-a-Pinch book, but I should probably brush up on it before next semester hits and 75% of my patients are Spanish speaking.

· Did you know some people have so much calculus (build up, tarter, whatever you want to call it) that they think you are breaking their teeth off when you are just cleaning them? They think the calculus is part of their tooth. How nasty.

· I should probably kick my Diet Coke (or my preferred Coke Zero) habit. But probably not while I’m in hygiene school. I mean, for real- I have to have something to get me through this alive.

· The Ollivier girls wrote me probably 10 Love notes this weekend. How cute. I feel extra loved.

· BYU’s win over Gonzaga? So fun to watch! Everyone had a good game. Thursday seems like forever away. Sweet Sixteen, baby!

· Group projects? Who needs ‘em! I’d rather do the whole thing myself. I don’t understand those who do nothing nothing nothing, and then say “What do you want me to do” when it’s practically over and done with. Why I Oughtta!!!

· I opened my trunk to put my backpack in it today after school and found 3 packs of gum I had forgotten about. Score! Don’t tell my dad though. He’d probably ground me still.

Hope everyone has a great week! And watch the video I posted below if you are in need of a good laugh. I’ll probably be watching it multiple times this week! April 13th can’t come soon enough- I’ll have 3 weeks of freedom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this list busted me up. you are so funny. way to go, bridger, on the big S.C talk! Way to go, Jordan, in handling the kids alone at church. ...speaking from experience, it's like running a marathon-seriously.