Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's All In The Legs....

Did I ever mention that Bridger and I joined a co-ed softball team? And how scared I am to actually play? It really took some persuading on Bridger's part to get me to do it. I just knew the rest of the wives would probably be rockstars out there.

During the break between the Saturday General Conference sessions we invited two of the couples to go and practice our skills a little bit. A little hitting, catching and throwing. To my surprise the wives weren't as bad as we thought we would be, but I can still tell the husbands are getting nervous we won't know where to throw the ball.

We started practicing our throwing and I warned the others about the weaklings I have for arms. I explained how I took an Exercise Physiology class while I was at BYU and we had to do strength tests in our lab. I was feeling pretty dang confident after scoring in the 95th-ish percentile for leg strength, but was soon put back in my place when I was only in the 30- or 40-something percentile for arm strength. Yeah.... I told you they were weak!

Anyway, fast forward a few days to our ward activity playing Minute to Win It. The whole thing was such a riot! After the games we were just messing around and shooting some hoops. Bridger and our friend Nick were trying to help me with my shot because it's pretty sad! I was quick to remind them about my 30th percentile arm strength, to which Nick replied, "Just use your legs." My legs? Okay.

I lined up to the basket, threw the ball up in the air, and hit the ball of my knee.

AND INTO THE BASKET!!!

Apparently that isn't what he meant by using my legs, but it was pretty dang awesome if I do say so myself.

Speaking of legs, Bridger rolled his ankle while playing basketball late last night. Just in time for the first softball game on Friday (which I will not be at because I am going to BOISE!!) He went so long without hurting himself too. He's basically a cripple right now, limping around like an old man. Poor guy.

No comments: