Some people are strange. So very, very strange.
I think I am able to see people's strangeness pretty often working in a dental office. You get the best patients, and then you get some characters- that is for sure!
The other day one of our patients walked in and saw the other hygienist, who is 35 weeks pregnant. "You're really packing on the weight," he said to her. Um.. Thanks? Like she needed to hear that!
Anyway I took him back to an operatory where he is having some dental work done. Took a quick x-ray and let him know the Dr. would be with him in a minute. He said some weird things but none that were that memorable.
Then the assistant goes in there, and this is how the conversation unfolded:
Patient: "So uh.... do you want to arm wrestle while we wait?"
Gennifer: "Oh no I think I'll pass, my arms aren't very strong."
Patient: "Well then.... do you want to get on the floor and leg wrestle?"
Gennifer: "Um.... no I don't think my husband would be okay with that!"
Patient: "Oh. You are one of those married people. THAT'S no fun."
Seriously?? Some people are just so awkward. So the other day he came back in and I was getting some supplies out of the room he was in, when he says: "So...do you want to arm wrestle?" and all I could think is Oh no... here we go again....
1 comment:
Oh man! That's a pretty crazy story. People really are awkward aren't they?! Especially in the dental office!
I'm glad you've got a job and have passed the Boards! YEA!
That's so fun that you're back up in Boise with your family. Congrats!
Post a Comment