Friday, March 20, 2009

And I thought I didn't like bananas before...

Anyone who knows me well, knows I really don't like fruit.  Unless it is in a smoothie of course! I think bananas top the list of most disgusting fruit ever.  I remember throwing them up one time when I was little- and that was the end of those for me!  However- today just reinforced my disgust with them.  

Since Wednesday, Bridger and I have been staying overnight with the kids I nanny for Tuesdays and Thursdays.  We got here Wednesday and leave Sunday.  It's gone pretty well so far, only a few melt downs when we "hurt their feelings".  Today after Ellie had gymnastics we picked Brooklyn up from school.  On our way home, Ellie told me she thought she was going to throw up.  She said it in such a calm way I thought her stomach was just hurting her, so I just told her we'd be home soon in case she needed to throw up.  A minute later I looked back and she had both hands covering her mouth- her face was BRIGHT RED!  And there she blew.  All over.  Three times- and I saw them all in action.  It was disgusting to say the least.  We got home and I got her out of her seat, which was covered too by the way.  I started to take her clothes off so i could put her in the bath- but I immediately started dry heaving.  How do moms do it? I'm being completely serious!  The whole time I was trying to take off her gross clothes I was asking myself how I was going to be a good mom if I can't even clean up their throw up.  Needless to say- and although i'm embarassed to admit it-  Ellie ended up taking her clothes off herself, while I continued dry heaving. :)

Just to give everyone an idea of how gross it was- chunks, CHUNKS of banana were everywhere.  The smell was revolting, and luckily Bridger showed up just in time to save the day.  I don't think I can even look at a banana for awhile now.  I am officially disgusted. 

And apparently will be an awful mother! 

2 comments:

Zaundra and Grant said...

hahahahhahahaha

Kathy said...

I remember when I was babysitting for Becca and Josh had an accident in the bath tub. Let's just say it wasn't solid. Got the image? I said to myself, "how do moms do this?" I had no choice but TO PUT MY HAND IN THE TUB AND PULL UP THE DRAIN! So sick. But, the good news is, when it is your own kid, it still isn't fun or pleasant, but it isn't as bad. I'm very proud of you.