Friday, March 20, 2009

Birthday Weekend




Last weekend, Bridger and I were able to go home to Boise to spend some time with the fam!  Little did I know (at least for awhile) that the reason he REALLY wanted to go is because he had planned a surprise party for me.  He managed to keep the secret for quite a bit actually!  Until one night, about 1 in the morning, Caitlin text him, I heard it, and long story short, he can't tell a lie if his life depended on it.  When I found out his surprise was blown I couldn't stop laughing- but with all his hard work he didn't think it was very amusing!  We still had my friends over, and some family showed up as well- and it was a great time!  I was FINALLY able to see Karen and Corey's baby Izzy- SO CUTE!  It was so good to see Sammy and Ryder again- they're still the crazy and cute kids they were when I was their nanny.  Oh how i miss them!  Other than the birthday party, we spent the weekend going to breakfast with Bridger's family, watching movies, I went out to lunch with my mom, and then got to go out to lunch Saturday with my dad for our traditional Birthday Lunch!  Bridger was able to go golfing, and meet with the COO of Saint Luke's to talk to him about hospital administration (which went so well! YAY!) On Sunday my mom made the best meal for my birthday dinner- Spicy Shrimp and Chicken Pasta from Johnny Carinos.  SO GOOD!  The weekend went by so fast-  as it always does.  The biggest surprise of the whole weekend (since the party turned out not being a surprise) was the camera my dad gave to me for my birthday.  Talk about a nice camera.  I don't know anything about photography- but I want to learn so bad!  I've felt for a long time that I don't have a certain hobby that I can use as my outlet.  Yes, there are things I love to do, like river raft, go boating, etc.  But I can't just go float down a river every time my homework is stressing me out.  That is a little unrealistic.  So Bridger gave my parents the idea of a camera, and since my dad had recently upgraded his, I was able to have his old Nikon D100.  I LOVE it!  I still don't know how to work it very well- but it will come with time, right?  It was such a great weekend home, and I was SO sad to leave!  But luckily for me, they're coming to Utah tomorrow!  It's the beginning of their spring break, and my mom and I are throwing Sarah a Bridal Shower- so I am lucky enough to see them two weekends in a row!   


The only picture I have of the whole weekend! 

No comments: