Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Let the summer begin...

I just finished my last final of the semester- Hallelujah!  I'm so burnt out of school by this point and it feels so good to be done, even if it is just for the summer!  I haven't figured out my grades on most of my finals yet, but I think they went pretty well for the most part.  As much as I am excited for the summer, it's going to be very busy!  I'll be working (hopefully a couple jobs), Bridger will be doing summer school and THREE jobs.  His job at the eye doctor, and then he'll be working for his uncle doing sprinkler installations and repairs/landscaping, and then took over some lawn mowing jobs for his friend that will be gone this summer.  Talk about never seeing my husband this summer. Sad. Summers just aren't what they used to be, are they?
This is what I envision my summers being:
Popsicles...

Running through the sprinklers....
Swimming in the pool....
Boating and tubing at the cabin...
I definitely miss the summers of swimming all day pretending to be mermaids, sleeping in, comparing flip flop tan lines, pink cheeks that turn to tan, camping, river rafting. You know- the good stuff!  Oh the joy of growing up!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Ha ha... don't forget tying our feet together in the pool so playing mermaids is more realistic, and possibly fatal. Seriously, where were our parents?!? I do miss being a kid in summer!

Zaundra and Grant said...

Oh this blog makes me sad. I want that summer again... boo. Well this summer will consist of saturday nights and sundays free and 4 days off the entire summer. Sounds like fun eh? Oh and 100 degree texas weather all day. Woo. Lets go back to the easy days. And to think, we wanted high school to be over.

Rachel Johnson said...

Hey jordy! what a fun post-congrats on finishing a long semester. Yeah for summertime!! We are making our way down to Utah for the summer, hope we can hang out, if you guys aren't tanning and having a blast up at the lake the whole time! Well, anyway we would love to see you guys! BYE!!