Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Picture Perfect weekend!

We had a very fun-filled trip to Boise this past weekend.  We arrived into town Friday evening and made our first stop at Pete's store to see him and Lindsy.  When we got to my house my mom had the brilliant idea for Bridger and me to take Dallan and McKay to PoJo's.  McKay was very hesitant to go (as I must admit- I was too, I remember going to PoJo's in like 1st grade).  But we finally talked him into going and this is what we ended up doing:

We had SO much fun competing with each other and just having a good time.  We even won some sweet prizes to give to our dad for father's day- a stuffed animal monkey inside a banana and a chinese finger trap- HA! Classic.  We drove home dancing to music, catching stares from the cars next to us. I felt like I was 16 again- it was great!  

When we got home we taught my family how to play the dice game Farkle that I learned from my cousin Jessica.  Dallan lost- so here is what his Farkle dance looked like:

side note:  I need to take this opportunity to say that I have a genius brother.  Dallan called today to tell me the happy news that he got a 31 on his ACT.  Woo hoo! Congrats Dallan!  Not only did he get a 31- but he got a 36 on the math section.  A perfect score? I think so! Turns out this is one smart kid!
After Dallan's beautiful and very awkward dance, we watched Tuesday's With Morrie.  It was a good movie! The part I saw anyway- seeing how we didn't start the movie until midnight, I didn't last through the whole thing. 

Saturday was BRIDGER'S BIRTHDAY! My love turned 23 over the weekend.  He celebrated with a very early morning game of golf with his dad, cousin Chris and uncle Andy.  After those long 18 holes we went with Pete and Marianne for a late lunch at Red Robin.  After eating we headed to Boondocks (apparently it is now called Wahooz? I refuse to call it that- how ridiculous) and we played mini-golf, hit some baseballs in the batting cages, and raced on the go-karts.  Unfortunately we hadn't remembered our camera- so we don't have any pictures of this fun afternoon/evening with them.  We especially needed a camera to document my victory in miniature golf and my THREE- count them- THREE holes in one!  BOO-YAH!  After Boondocks we were treated to ice-cream at Coldstone.  We had SO much fun and are so grateful to Pete and Marianne for the great time!  

We had originally planned to head up to McCall with my family Saturday night- but because of my dad's 3 day golf tournament he was exhausted and we ended up staying in Boise.  But I'm glad we did!  We were able to go to Jessica and Nick's new place and play games with them as well as Ashley and Ben.  I can't explain how much I've missed them- it seems that my best friends all live too far away so I was so happy to see them!  Afterwards we headed back home for some presents and key lime pie! Yum! Happy Birthday to the love of my life!
Sunday afternoon, after we went to church, we headed up to McCall to put the boat in the water for the summer.  We ended up only staying for the afternoon- but it was so worth it.  We had grilled up some hamburgers and had a few relaxing hours up there to celebrate Father's Day. What do you get a man who has absolutely EVERYTHING?  A star-gazing book and a bird-watching book- that's what!  I'm being dead serious though- he is the HARDEST person to shop for.  It's really getting ridiculous.  It was FREEZING up in McCall- as you can tell by the spooky look of the lake!
Gotta love them mountains.  Nothing quite like them! It was a good way to spend Father's Day.  It actually did start with this picture below of bed in breakfast.  Of course- we had to make my dad get back into bed for this, because heaven forbid he sleep in ever! I love my dad SO much and am so grateful for a father like him.  He is one-of-a-kind and I love him to the moon and back! If anyone ever doubts why I love him- just check out the 50 reasons I love my dad that I wrote for him on his birthday.  He is incredible!

Monday we were able to go to lunch with Lindsy and Tyler at Bardenay's to celebrate Bridger's birthday with them- I love being able to see them!  We don't get to see them as much as we'd like but we love it when we do!  Sadly we didn't get a picture then either. The rest of the day was spent getting the yard and house ready for Dallan's soccer BBQ- stuck around for a little bit of the festivities, and then headed back here to Utah!  We were blessed with a beautiful ride home as the sun was setting.  Pictures don't really do it justice- but here some are!


We loved every moment of our trip back home.  In all honesty- it was probably the most enjoyable and fun weekend we've spent back there since moving away!  I can't explain it- it was just perfect!  Can't wait until I get to go back July 1st til July 12th! 

1 comment:

marthaj said...

My Oh My, you are one fine blogger! You've got me so stirred up i think i'll strike into song! Huhumm . . . "Annd here we have aaI-dah-hoe, whinning her way tooOOO faaame . . . "