I feel like the last several weeks have been a whirlwind! how did it even get to be the middle of July anyway?
Just a quick update (not a lot of fun pictures this time- my picture taking was lame):
Wednesday, July 1st, I flew home to spend 10 days with my family. Bridger wasn't able to come with me, sadly, but I wanted to take advantage of the time I had off of work. This may sound cheesy- but I can't explain how much I enjoyed my flight to Boise. As the plane lifted higher and higher into the sky and finally broke through the cloud, it really was such a beautiful sight. It made me really think about the beauty of God's creations. Seriously- the sight was magical. I kept imagining myself bouncing from cloud to cloud, until I was too tired and then could just lay down on them, the perfect giant pillow. And then I found myself thinking about something quite different- I began thinking about how sorry I was for the people who lived before the invention of the airplane, or those who never have the chance to fly. To be able to see the earth from such an incredible perspective is something I honestly never get sick of.
This picture is actually from a helicopter ride in Hawaii years ago, but you get the point
Anyway, off of my rant.
Once I got to Boise- it really flew by. Thursday was spent prepping for Jenny's wedding reception, dinner with my good childhood friend Aubrey Browen, and then enjoying the reception that evening. We went straight from the wedding reception into the family reunion at my grandparents house. Saturday I skipped out on a little bit of the reunion to go on the annual Fourth of July Cabarton river raft trip with my friend Ashley and the whole Gowing family. This was the 4th year that I was able to join them, and it is ALWAYS a blast! Jessica Drzayich joined us this year and I am so happy she did!


After the river run, I returned to the family reunion for dinner and the firework show. The guys did a really good job on the fireworks! they were awesome- not to mention the cops didn't show up this year, making it so much more enjoyable! I do have a confession though- I just may have teared up a bit watching the beautiful fireworks without Bridger. I started to really miss my hunny! It just wasn't quite the same without him! He did have a good time on the 4th as well though, he was able to spend the day with his mother four-wheeling and boating up in Heber and then attending the Stadium of Fire. I felt a little less guilty being away from him on this fun holiday knowing he was having a good time.
This whole weekend was full of watching Wimbledon too of course. I was glued! I've always been a HUGE Andy Roddick fan, even in his struggling years. He really brought his A-game this year and played so well! Much to my delight, he made it to the Championship! Woo hoo! I was so so so excited- and for 4 hours I really believed he was going to win. Much to my disappointment- he didn't win. I felt like my heart was ripped in two! I get so into sports games when a favorite team or person of mine is playing. And he lost. He did play out of his mind though- the 5th set went to 16-14. Anyone who knows tennis knows that is SO MANY GAMES! It just wasn't ending! I'm still proud of my boy :)

Tuesday we drove down to Utah to attend the Turnbull family reunion- which was a blast! It was full of swimming, going down Sliding Rock, Turnbull Olympics (my team won!), Talent show (except most people didn't show up to perform), and much more! I was also so so happy to finally see Bridger after a week of being a part!
Thursday I drove back to Boise with my mom, Dallan, and McKay- and we made a little stop to Lagoon on the way home. It was a lot of fun- but we left with both of the boys being sick. We don't have much luck with lagoon in my family :)
I spent the rest of the weekend finally relaxing at home, swimming, and just having a good time! Bridger drove down himself on Friday to help his dad paint the inside of their soon-to-be finished cabin, and we drove back to Provo together on Sunday. Dallan hitched a ride with us and will be staying with us for a few days while he attends BYU's soccer camp.
Anyway- that's an update! Probably boring to most- but seeing how I'm trying to really document what we're doing in our life for our own sake, I figured I better at least write the jist of what we did!
1 comment:
I totally know what you mean about flying... it's the best! It was way fun to see you up in Boise, and I'm glad to hear that the rest of your adventures were fun, too!
Post a Comment