Monday, July 20, 2009

Being Spontaneous!

Today I was driving home from observing at a dental office, and called Marci (who I nanny for) to see what was up for this week.  Turns out she doesn't need me this week, because she has lots of family visiting.  I figured this would give me lots of time to work on my online classes and such- until I called my mother. 

Back up a few days- on Saturday my parents were here to watch Daniel's last soccer game at BYU, and they just kept telling me to come back with them to go up to our cabin.  I laughed, wished I could, and that was that.  So- when I called my mom to tell her I didn't have to work all week after all and that I could've come with them, this was her response:

"COME!  Dad has a free flight- just come! Fly here tomorrow!"

Riiiiight.  Like I could really just be that spontaneous? Never.  I started thinking of how guilty I would feel to leave Bridger AGAIN all by himself here!  And how we were going to go camping this weekend and he was so excited. And how I really, really need to work on my class.  I couldn't possibly go.  Until I told Bridger about it and he kept telling me to go. 

And that was all it took. So- I'm going! Tomorrow morning- 8:00.  I've never been so spontaneous!  It also turns out that Bridger gets Friday and Saturday off of work/school because of the 24th of July- so he is going to drive up there Thursday night and come and play with us too so he can bring me home! 

Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Good for you Jordan and you too Bridger!! Be as spontaneous as much as you can, for as long as you can because let me tell you, some of that spontaneity gets squelched when little ones head your way!

Allie Scott said...

Just wanted to say a quick hello! I just started a blog and found you guys yay! You're blog is way cute! Sounds like you're going to have a blast on your trip! have fun!
-Allie