Thursday, September 3, 2009

One Year Anniversary and McCall

So much has happened in the last two weeks- where to even start?

We celebrated our FIRST ANNIVERSARY on August 23rd!  Where does time go, seriously?  I honestly feel like it was the fastest year of our lives, yet I can't imagine my life without my main man!  Originally we were going to go camping up in McCall, but when our cabin was available earlier than we thought, we decided we'd rather be on the water!  The first night there we still set up our tent and everything, just because we had never used it yet and REALLY wanted to!  It was very comfy and I was SO warm!  

Sunday (our actual anniversary) was a pretty cloudy day, so the water didn't seem too friendly.  We spent the day sleeping in, making a yummy breakfast, touring the lake to look at all the cabins, fishing (you can see in the pictures below we only caught tiny tiny fish- so lame!), dinner at the Toll Station, and we ended the evening at the driving range.  It was such a fun day!

Warning: this post has TONs of pictures!

Happy One Year!


HA Ha love Bridger's face

He's special
We could NOT catch anything bigger on this day!

I love the stormy clouds and view

Nice form!
So serene- look at this place!


How lucky am I?


It was such a perfect two days up there just the two of us! The rest of my family came up late Monday night and we spent the rest of the week up there jet skiing, boating, surfing, wakeboarding, tubing, reading, eating, playing badmitton, etc.  I was so excited I was able to read TWO books.  I just wanted to read books without being graded on them before school started.  I read Tuesdays With Morrie and The Glass Castle. They are both fantastic books.  Tuesdays With Morrie is a very quick read so that was nice, and so many good lessons were taught throughout the book. The Glass Castle was just a really fascinating book about a highly dysfunctional family with some pretty crazy parents, and somehow the kids turn out to be normal, successful adults. It shows the resilience they had, and really just shows how they grew up in such a different environment.  I would highly suggest both of them!

On Wednesday, Lynn (Bridger's mom) and her best friend Christine came up to spend half the day with us for Lynn's birthday.  Lynn basically lived on the lake growing up, so it's been a goal of hers to spend every birthday on the water.  We were happy we could make that easy for her to do this year!  We toured the lake, rode on jet skiis, and went into town to eat at the Toll Station.  Funny story- we ordered one pizza for all of us and we each got salad bars.  As we were eating, Christine found a tiny bug on her crouton.  She brushed it off, figuring lettuce comes from the ground so it's bound to happen.  About ten minutes later, Lynn started chewing her food really weird, with the most confused look on her face.  To our disgust, she said "Oh my gosh- there was a piece of GUM in my salad!"  HA HA HA- SICK!  It was the green kind and blended right in with her salad.  Can you just imagine?  One second you're eating salad and the next minute you're chomping on a piece of gum, someone else's piece of gum. Nasty.  Lynn was a really good sport about it.  Because of that, we didn't have to pay for our salad bars, and we got a free creme brule for dessert!  The funny thing was the manager kept asking Lynn if she wanted a different kind of salad. "Would you like a caesar salad?" Um no, don't really feel like any more salad, thank you. "Well, then, would you like a Greek salad?" Um- really, no, salad doesn't sound so good anymore. " Would you like a caesar salad?" Seriously dude? Do you not understand English?  Anyway- it was a funny ending to their visit up in McCall.

Mama and Son
I love my mother-in-law!

McKay and me being silly

We loved our time up in McCall.  Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures of the tubing, wakeboarding, surfing, etc.  Oops! Bridger and I left early early Friday morning so we could be in Eagle at 8:30 to help set up for LINDSY AND TYLER'S WEDDING! That will be my next post- because I have just as many picture for that one, if not more! I want to give that beautiful event justice, and as of right now my blogging mind is tired.  

Anyway- loved our time up in the mountains on the water. It was pure bliss. Our first anniversary was heavenly, and I still can't believe how lucky I am to have a husband like Bridger.  He is selfless, goofy, handsome, dedicated, positive, hard-working, and loving.  I couldnt' be more grateful for this man!  Love you Bridger- can't wait for what lies ahead of us!

No comments: