Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blah

So I'm not trying to complain to the "blog-o-sphere world" or anything... Really I'm not. In fact I'm not even going to share any details of why I feel so crummy and just "blah"- because there are some personal things in life that don't necessarily need to be shared with anyone and everyone. I guess I just feel like blogs are full of people posting their perfect lives with their perfect spouses and perfect children and perfect homes and perfect, eventful lives. Of course people want to share and document the happy times- I completely understand that. But sometimes in the middle of sharing only the happy times people reading those blogs get disillusioned and think everyone's lives are better and more fun and more eventful.

I guess all this post is about is that life, and my life in particular, isn't perfect. Life definitely is bumpy and messy and hectic. It's ruthless and stressful and beautiful and mysterious all at the same time. And right now is just a time where things are building up and it's a little more of the "bumpy and messy and hectic" than I would like. That's all. I haven't posted in a few weeks and when I was thinking about things I could post- really nothing too exciting or magical or thrilling came to mind. I kept trying to think of something people would want to read or hear about- and nothing really came to mind. I'm rambling- that's for sure- but I guess all I'm trying to say is sometimes life is crazy isn't it? And we go through things and deal with emotions that are just plain hard. And we look at other's lives and think they have it all together and have everything figured out- but they don't.

Good thing we have those amazing people in our lives to make the craziness and "blah" times bearable! And like Maria from home would say, "Thanks be to God" for our Heavenly Father and the Gospel that brings everything into perspective more than my stressed out mind can do on its own.

5 comments:

Zaundra and Grant said...

Oh man we are seriously kindred spirits. haha. I swear I was just thinking that same thing last night. I was like I have time I should blog... I have nothing to blog about!!! I'm must be boring. Life is hard and crazy aint it? But I love it. Heck J even in different states our lives are connected. Love you mam.

Emily said...

*big hug* And you're totally right that sometimes reading other people's blogs makes us feel like losers, but rest assured... even when you're blah, you are most definitely not a loser.

The Keetch Family said...

You are wise beyond your years little cuz! I miss you and we need to catch up! We are coming to town for kinz wedding so we'll all have to go to dinner. (cuz of course I miss the bridg too!) I love that you quoted Maria...she always speaks the truth! Hope school is going well and I'm so proud that you graduated and are still going to school and all you have going on. Remember that it's after the storm of busy and stress and crazy life when we can find the happiness and peace from all our hard work. It will settle down all too soon. Enjoy this stage you are in bc I miss it at times:)

The Bell Family said...

Jordan, I miss you! (AND MARIA!!) I can totally relate on the blog thing. There are certain blogs (I will not name names) that I have stopped looking at, for reasons you mentioned. It's just too much. I know that life can feel stressful at times and you might feel like it will never get better, but it does. If you ever need to talk, you can always call me. I miss those days when I could stop by your house while we lived in Boise and we could hang out and talk. Hang in there Jordan. "This too shall pass" (one of my favorite quotes)

Love you!

Bridger and Jordan Booras said...

Thanks guys! See this is what i'm talkin about- I've got good people in my life who i love that boost me up!! love you all