So after the last 2 weeks of craziness (meaning mid-terms) it was about time to have a relaxing, fun weekend. It was action-packed that's for sure! Friday I watched the girls for several hours and then we headed down with our good friends Amy and Andrew (minus baby Violet- sad) to the Manti Pagent for our ward activity. The pagent was interesting to say the least- but with good company, good conversations, and fun music it was a great night! And by the way- the Manti temple is SO gorgeous! Too bad there isn't much else there.
It was Bridger's birthday this weekend- and I hate waiting for Bridger to open presents once I buy them- so I had him open one each day. Friday before we left for Manti he opened the game Things which has become a new favorite of ours- and it always gets a little out of hand!
Saturday we slept in- it was heavenly! Bridger really never gets to sleep in so we just slept and slept until we couldn't anymore. Then we went golfing (and by we I mean Bridger- I got the fun part of driving the cart and putting here and there). We headed up to Salt Lake to go to Hogle Zoo- but sadly we got stuck in BAD,BAD, completely unnecessary construction and didn't get there in time. Oops. We were bummed- but since we were already in Salt Lake we drove around the city and dreamt of moving there someday soon for a little change of scenery. Who knows what will happen! We got back and went to the BYU Men's Soccer game with Daniel and Sarah and hit up Sammy's afterwards for some yummy milkshakes! On Saturday I let him open up some movies- Avatar, 500 Days of Summer, and the classic Little Rascals. We sure do love our movies!
Sunday (Bridger's actual birthday) we went to some friends for breakfast and had a pretty chill morning. After church we had Daniel and Sarah over for dinner and ice cream, played some Things and watched Little Rascals. Bridger opened his last present- I got him a monitor for his bike that tells distance, speed, calories, etc because he really wants to get into biking. Also I got him a waterbottle that can attach to his bike- because he ALWAYS steals mine! So this present really serves both of us pretty well :)
Anyway- it was a really, really fun weekend and I did ZERO homework until about 10:00 p.m. Sunday night- it was delightful. I'm so grateful for Bridger in my life and I'm happy we got to spend the entire weekend together! He makes me such a better person- he makes me stronger, braver, happier, and more adventurous. He's a good best friend and husband to have- I think I'll keep him! Love you Bridger!

And also HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to our wonderful fathers! Bridger and I are both so blessed with incredible fathers and wish we could have spent the day with both of them. They've taught us so much.
Back to school tomorrow!
3 comments:
I am SO jealous I am not in your ward anymore. It looks like the weekend was a blast. We need to meet up for a Bee's game or something! I miss you TONS... Seriously
YAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY B!! I wish we were spending warm, fun, wild summer nights together. We'll have to go camping together one weekend when I get back! That would be amazing!! Glad you had such a fun weekend.
Happy Birthday (late) to the Bridge man! I'll have to buy that game, Things? You know how I love my games.
So we are in town for Kinzi's wedding. WE'll have to get together if you have time.
Also...Chad has his bike here so he and bridge will have to go on a ride if there's time. love you jord!
Post a Comment