Thursday, August 5, 2010

UCDH Girls

As this semester is winding down, I can't help but look back and think how much I've learned this semester (with much more learning to come- it's time to study for finals)! I knew nothing about dental hygiene coming into this program. I didn't know how to hold the instrument, what clock position to sit in, how to choose the correct working end for what surface of the tooth, how to do a health history interview, polish teeth, take good x-rays, measure probing depths, find and remove calculus, etc. I'm not going to even try to say I'm really good at all of those things- but I'm learning and I know I've come so far.

There have been so many nights when I've honestly questioned what I'm doing in the program, if I'll ever be able to make it, if I will actually be able to do everything we are being taught, if it's worth the time and the money, etc. Fortunately for me, I'm also in this program with 59 other girls. That number scared me at first- 59 girls? All in one room? All in each other's space? But honestly, these girls have been such a HUGE blessing. I've made some of the best friends possible here that make all the craziness worth it. Everyone is so different and unique and adds a little extra something to the group. We're only coming to the close of 1 out of 5 semesters and I already don't know what I'd do without these beautiful, smart, talented women. I can't imagine how I'll feel after completing our entire program and going separate ways. Luckily that's not for awhile- so let the party continue!!! Here are some pictures just for fun.

Laraine, Jocelyn, Kelly and I- About 20 of us went to Cafe Rio one day and people asked us if we were celebrating graduation. "No- just the end of the day"

Spendin' some time outside


Utah College of Dental Hygiene Class of 2011 December

Ya- kinda freaky. Brittney and I with the typodonts.

Sushi night! Sarah, me, Diem, and Amanda


Oh Jocelyn... Always havin' a good time.


This is my "Show me how excited you are to be here breathing through the mask" face. Can't ya tell?


Yellow Group- From left to right: Kelly, Sarah, Jocelyn, Britt, Tiffany, Julie, Cortney, Me, Jessica and Jacquie. We did it yellow team! We made it through our first semester of clinic!

4 comments:

Zaundra and Grant said...

I LOVE THIS! yay I'm so happy your loving the program and life and friends! Will you still be my friend when I come back to P-town? Oh and Jacquie, that's Burke McArthurs wife and her sister Jessie is in my program and I LOVE HER! Small world eh? Love you guts and butts. Call you soon.

Rowbury Adventures said...

aww I can't believe we already have one semester down, it went by way to fast! I'm going to feel lost for three weeks without all 59 of you guys! Zumba maybe??

Bridger and Jordan Booras said...

Zaundra- um YES I cannot wait for you to come back! And yes what a small world- Jacquie is great too! The first day of school I went to subway for lunch and she came in with burke so it was good to see him- it had been years!

Rozalynn- seriously, huh? I mean are we even ready to start working on other people! it's unreal! so i'm going to be gone for 2 of the 3 weeks but for sure let's zumba when we get back. I would Wednesday if it werent for finals. grrr.... and I want to have you and your husband over sometime for dinner or something! I want to meet him now that you two lovebirds are finally on the same side of the country.

Courtney Schramm said...

i love the "how excited pic" makes me laugh every time-- dude-- tennis and date night?! k good